[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Westcountry Anime • View topic - Main Site Update - a quick question
 Post subject: Main Site Update - a quick question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:48 pm 
The Afro Admin
Ello, sorry I've been non-existant these past few months, I've been buried in Uni work and other things. I'm currently preparing to make a few changes to the main WA website, and possibly the forum. However, the vast majority of these changes will be under-the-hood (tidying the code, etc), so there won't be any noticeable difference when viewed through a normal Internet browser.

One change I am considering is making a mobile-friendly version of the main site, and if this is successful then I will extend this to the forums. Before I decide to do this though, I'd like to ask 2 questions:

- What sort of phone do you have?
- Do you use the Internet on your phone much?
- Would you browse WA or the WA forum on your phone often if there was a more mobile-friendly version?

Any feedback is very much appreciated. Many thanks :)

Post subject: Re: Main Site Update - a quick question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm 
Crazy Taxi Admin
THIS is a sound idea.
I used to browse WA all the time back when I had my iPod touch, before it died a sad death, but that was due to the Safari browser it had built in. So I remember all the joys of WA posting in the middle of nowhere.

So yeah, I'm all for this. I just need a new phone that supports internet goodness.

UOH, MABUSHII!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:14 pm 
Wannabe VIPSTAR
SHIT, HE'S BACK, TIDY UP QUICK! :)

Er, hi Dodds, nice to see you back again! Just going on with normal WA stuff here... Anyway, as an actual response, I don't use internet on my phone very much, if at all, and I'm not going to tell you what my current phone is as you'll only laugh :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:56 pm 
If you made a WAP version of the forums, that would be amazing.

Obviously I wouldn't use it because WAP is shit, but it would be amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:20 pm 
Crazy Taxi Admin
Can't find anywhere else to post such a question at the moment. but is there any reason why the 'view active topics' link is coming up with nothing? Seems it's not displaying recent post anymore. Sand times.

UOH, MABUSHII!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:25 pm 
The Afro Admin
I'll have a look at that in a moment

Also, apologies for the influx of spam today. PHPBB 3.0.7-PL1 introduced its own in-built captcha as one of the options, and it looks like that hasn't worked too well. I'll see if I can get it changed back to the old maths question.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:43 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:55 am 
Crazy Taxi Admin

UOH, MABUSHII!